#1 Commercial, Residential & Auto Glass Company Serving the Springfield Illinois Area
Cracked glass? Need new windows? It’s time you called the local glass experts in your area to ensure friendly service and high-quality products that are installed by a trained professional. At K & W Glass Company, we provide commercial, residential and auto glass services to customers in Springfield, IL and throughout the surrounding areas including the towns of Auburn, Carlinville, Chatham, Divernon, Girard, Pawnee & all surrounding areas! As a family-owned business, we know that windows and glass play an important role at your home, business and on your vehicle. We’re here to provide fast, affordable and high-quality services to ensure your complete satisfaction. Call now for an estimate on the glass or windows that you need!
Front Windshield Replacement & Repair Rear Backglass Replacement Side Window Replacement Side Mirror Replacement Storefront Glass Windows
Bathroom Mirrors Showcases/Display Cases Heavy-Duty Plate Glass Exterior & Interior Window Glass
Energy Efficient Vinyl Windows Storm Windows Glass Tabletops Screens
Auto Glass Repair & Replacement
Your vehicle’s windshield is a barrier for insects, wind and the elements. However, that’s not all that it does. On modern vehicles, the windshield provides structural support for the vehicle, which offers added stability and protection for everyone inside the vehicle in the case of a collision with another car, person or something else. K & W Glass understands the vital role of your windshield in vehicle safety, and we provide trained employees that understand how to assess the damage and provide affordable options for repair and replacement. Read more about auto glass repair and replacement services, below!
When it comes to cracks in windshields and other auto glasses, it can be difficult to know what warrants a replacement and what can be repaired. As a general rule, cracks that are longer than a credit card or holes that go all the way through the glass must be replaced. We have experience replacing auto glass and windshields for most types of vehicles including foreign or domestic vehicles. However, we don’t just do windshields – we provide replacement services for side windows, rear backglass, and even side-view mirrors. We’re committed to maintaining the highest standards for quality and workmanship.
Your windshield is a vital safety component of your vehicle. Constructed of two panes of layered tempered glass, it’s designed to provide an additional barrier in the event of a collision. Even small cracks and chips can put the structural integrity of the vehicle in jeopardy. That’s why we provide windshield repair and window repair services for most makes and models. However, repair services are only available for small damages – if a crack is longer than a credit card, it usually needs to be completely replaced.
Heavy Equipment Glass Replacement
However, we don’t just provide glass replacement for production vehicles. We also provide assistance to customers with broken glass in heavy equipment. From construction equipment to other types of heavy equipment, we provide heavy-duty glass replacement for the following types of equipment:
When it comes to your home, you need to know a local glass professional that can help you out when you’re in a pinch. At K & W Glass Company, we provide repair and replacement of all residential glass surfaces including windows, doors, mirrors, tabletops, shower doors, shower enclosures. Read on for additional details about our complete list of residential glass services.
Tempered glass is thicker and more durable than traditional sheets of plate glass. It’s reinforced by exposing it to heat and chemical treatments that are specialized to realign the fault lines inside the structure of the glass. Tempered glass breaks into small chunks as opposed to large jagged shards, making it less dangerous in case of a broken or shattered pane.
Laminated glass is usually used in automotive and commercial applications. This type of glass features two panes of glass that sandwich a piece of plastic that prevents that glass from breaking apart, even when shattered. This helps prevent forcible entry for storefront windows, commercial vehicles and more.
Auto, Commercial & Residential Glass Terms
• Adhesive – This is what holds your windshield onto your vehicle.
• AGSC– Auto Glass Safety Council maintains standards for the auto glass industry.
• Antenna – The antenna of your vehicle may be attached between the glass and edge of the windshield frame, or it may be attached to the inside of the windshield.
• Fine Wire Heater Windshield – This refers to the metal wires that run through the glass on the rear windshield that can be activated to clear the fog, snow, and ice from the back windshield.
• Heated Windshields – This means that your entire windshield is heated.
• Heated Windshield Wiper Park Area – This means that the area where your windshield wipers rest is heated.
• Heads-Up Display – This feature projects the speed and other performance measures on the windshield.
• Laminated Glass – This type of glass has a piece of plastic in between two panes that prevent it from breaking apart completely.
• Light Sensor – This type of sensor recognizes light and can turn your headlights on and off.
• Mirror Bracket – This is the bracket that holds your rear-view mirror in place.
• Molding – This hides the unfinished part of the vehicle that the windshield is bonded to.
• OEM – Original Equipment Manufacturer means that the replacement windshield is a replica of the one that came on the vehicle.
• Frit Band – This is the black paint that outlines that windshield.
• Quarter Glass – The tiny triangular piece of glass behind your back windows.
• Rain Sensor – This can sense rain and adjust the speed of the windshield wipers.
• Resin – This is used to repair cracked and chipped glass.
• SDAT – Stands for “safe drive away time” and it measures how long a window must sit before you can take your car home.
• Side Glass – This refers to the window glass on the side windows.
• Solar Coated – This is a coating that reflects that sun.
• Urethane – this is an adhesive that’s used for auto glass.